Thursday, May 21, 2009

Marilyn Monroe


Quotes By Marilyn Monroe

"I knew I belonged to the public and to the world, not because I was talented or even beautiful, but because I had never belonged to anything or anyone else."

"There was my name up in lights. I said, 'God, somebody's made a mistake.' But there it was, in lights. And I sat there and said, 'Remember, you're not a star.' Yet there it was up in lights."

"I'm going to be a great movie star some day."

"I am not interested in money. I just want to be wonderful."

"No one ever told me I was pretty when I was a little girl. All little girls should be told they are pretty, even if they aren't."

"The body is meant to be seen, not all covered up."

"I've been on a calendar, but never on time."

"I have too many fantasies to be a housewife. I guess I am a fantasy."

"An actress is not a machine, but they treat you like a machine. A money machine."

"Being a sex symbol is a heavy load to carry, especially when one is tired, hurt and bewildered."

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it."

No comments: